Who are the Utility Providers for Gibson City? 
AT&T (Telephone,Internet,TV) 800-288-2020 or
Mediacom (Telephone,Internet,TV) 800-479-2082
Ameren (Electricity) 800-755-5000
Nicor (Gas) 888-642-6748
Water and Sewer for Gibson City residents 784-5872...Renters are required to pay a 100.00 Water deposit. Bills are mailed every 2 months. Payments can me mailed to PO Box 545 Gibson City, made in person at 101 E 8th St, or put in Drop Box at the Police Dept.
Garbage:  Area Disposal  784-4818 or Central Illinois Disposal 379-3309

How do I get a Builiding Permit and whats the cost?
You can print off the Building Permit application off the website and bring to City Hall or come into City Hall and fill one out.

For Residential Permits the Cost is-- $50.00 for the 1st $1,000.00 of your project and $1.00 for every Thousand after that. 

For Commercial Permits the Cost is--$100.00 for the 1st $1,000.00 of your project and $1.00 for every thousand after that.

What are the Rules for a Swimming Pool?

As per the Ordinance Swimming Pools in all Residential districts shall be located not less than 20 feet from any principal building on an adjacent lot and the pool or yard shall be fenced to a height of not less than 5 feet with the type and location of the fence approved by the City Superintendent. "Swimming Pool" within the meaning of this paragraph shall be a depression in the ground either temporary or permanent or a container of water either temporary or permanent and either  above or below the ground in which water of more than 24 inches is contained and which is used primarily for the purposes of swimming. (Ord. No. 06-15;04-24-06)

Is there a Limit on Pets i can have?
It is Unlawful for any person to keep more than 3 dogs and/or 3 cats within the City,with the exception that a litter of pups,a litter of kittens or a portion of a litter may be kept for a period of time not exceeding 5 months from birth.

What is the Burning Ordinance?

(A) It is unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to burn or ignite or cause or permit to be burned or ignited in any yard, lot, courtway, street, or alley-way any paper, wood, garbage, tires, roofing or any inflammable rubbish, refuse or any other material in the City, except as hereinafter provided.
(B) It is unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to set fire to, ignite, or burn any combustible material in any outdoor fireplace, grill or barbecue pit provided:              
(1) Such fire is used solely for the purpose of cooking; and (2) such fire is kept under competent and continuous supervision; and (3) all fires or coals in the fireplace, grill or barbecue pit are thoroughly extinguished after the use thereof has been completed.
(C) It is lawful for any person, firm or corporation to burn leaves, provided: (1) No burning will be allowed between the hours of eight o’clock (8:00) P.M. and six o’clock (6:00) A.M.; and (2) such fire is kept under competent and continuous supervision; and
(3) all fires or remains are thoroughly extinguished after burning is completed; and
(4) no burning shall be in, on, or about streets or sidewalks of the City.
(D) Fires may be set by a public official in the performance of his official duties.

(E) It is lawful for any person, firm or corporation to burn materials in back yard incinerators, provided compliance is made with Environmental Protection Agency’s interpretation of the Environmental Protection Act and Air Pollution

What is needed to drive a Golf Cart in Town?

The ordinance can be found under City Code 24-10-1. There are requirements that must be met as well as a $35.00 permit fee for a period of 1 year. Insurance coverage is to be verified by the Police Dept when obtaining a permit.

Where to go Vote?

Drummer 1  1st Presbyterian Church    401 N Church

Drummer 2 Moyer Library  618 S Sangamon

Drummer 3  1st Presbyterian Church   401 N Church

Drummer 4 Moyer Library    618 S Sangamon

Drummer 5 1st Presbyterian Church    401 N Church

Where do I get a phone book?

Gibson Area Chamber of Commerce
126 North Sangamon Ave
Gibson City il 60936